It is simple to improve your Xbox gamertag. That we created for you when you first signed up for Xbox (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free if you want to change the gamertag. From then on, all Xbox gamertag changes cost additional.
It, you’ll be charged (fee varies by region and currency) if you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change.
Note Microsoft can at any right time deem a gamertag harmful or inappropriate ( whether or not the alteration gamertag device enables that it is produced), therefore we can transform that gamertag without caution. To find out more on why we eliminate gamertags, see Gamertag and name that is real the Xbox Safety internet site.
Replace your gamertag online
- Register to account.xbox.com using the Microsoft account current email address and password connected with your gamertag.
- Enter your gamertag that is own or among the suggested people:
- If you’re making your own personal, key in the brand new gamertag, then pick always check Availability. In the event that you get an email that the gamertag is taken, you’ll need certainly to produce a differnt one.
- You don’t like any of the suggestions, select Refresh to see additional gamertag suggestions if you want to use one of the gamertags that Xbox provides, but.
- As soon as you find an available gamertag, choose Claim it. Note if you should be changing the gamertag we created for you personally at join (meaning you didn’t select it your self), you won’t be charged. For several other gamertag modifications, you’ll be charged (cost differs by area and money).
Replace your gamertag on Xbox One
Note Xbox One may possibly not be obtainable in all locales.
- Press the Xbox switch to open the gu > in your controller.
- Choose My profile >Customize then profile, and pick your present gamertag.
- Under Choose your gamertag that is new your own personal gamertag or pick among the recommended people:
- If you’re making your personal, key in the brand new gamertag, then press the the key in your controller. In the event that you get a “that name isn’t available. Try another one.” message, which means the gamertag is not available and you’ll want to produce a different one.
- You don’t like any of the suggestions, select More suggestions to see additional gamertag suggestions if you want to use one of the gamertags that Xbox provides, but.
- Make sure you need to improve your gamertag.
The change is reflected across Xbox, and if there is an additional cost, the payment option associated website tool tester with your Microsoft account is charged after you confirm your new gamertag. You don’t have to inform your buddies that you have changed your gamertag—their friends lists will automatically be updated.
Improve your gamertag on xbox 360 console
- On your own xbox, visit social, then choose Sign In or Out.
- Choose your profile to check in.
- Scroll right to settings and then choose Profile.
- Choose Edit Profile.
- Choose Gamertag.
- Choose Enter New Gamertag.
- Type a gamertag that is new to 15 figures), then pick complete. In the event that gamertag you entered has already been taken, you will be prompted to test another gamertag.
- When you enter or decide on a gamertag that is new choose Yes, make use of this gamertag.
When you confirm your brand-new gamertag, the alteration is reflected across Xbox, and in case there was one more price, the payment choice connected with your Microsoft account is charged. You should not inform your friends you’ve changed your gamertag—their buddies listings would be updated immediately.
Replace your gamertag within the Xbox Console Companion application on Windows 10
At sign up (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself), you can change it one time for free in the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows 10 if you want to change the gamertag that we created for you. Here’s how.
Note in the event that you’ve changed your gamertag before, go to account.xbox.com to improve it once again. When it comes to actions to the, go directly to the improve your gamertag online area of this web page.
- Check in into the Xbox Console Companion application on Windows 10 using the Microsoft account e-mail target and password related to your gamertag.
- When you look at the upper-left corner associated with the software’s house display screen, select your gamerpic.
- Using your profile name, select personalize >Change gamertag.
- Form your preferred gamertag, and then choose Check availability.
- When you find an available gamertag, choose Claim it.
Once you confirm your brand-new gamertag, the alteration is mirrored across Xbox. You should not tell your friends that you have changed your gamertag—their friends lists will automatically be updated.